- This resolution requires you to install a Payroll Tax update. Download and update taxes in each company data folder that does not share a tax file. After you complete this installation, tax changes are effective the next time you process payroll, regardless of the effective date on the tax table or the dates on the check. Tax updates do not affect previously issued checks.
- If your computer is not connected to the internet or you are a Subscription customer, see article 21576, DocLink: How to download the Payroll Tax Updates? (Manual), for more information.
- Payroll tax updates do not include changes to the rates and limits for Employer State Unemployment ( SUI_E) and/or Employer State Disability Insurance ( SDI_E) taxes because those rates often vary by company. The rates and limit changes associated with these types of taxes will require a manual update in Payroll, Setup, Taxes, Tax Rates. See KB article 20718 DocLink: Where do I change my State Unemployment Insurance rate? for further information.
- If you are using a firewall you must allow access to http://downloads.timberline.com/route.asp to allow Payroll to download the tax file.
- Log on to your network and Sage 300 Construction and Real Estate (at the server or a workstation) with full administrative rights.
Note: If your company uses File Locations for the PR Tax file, or if taxes do not successfully update at the Sage server, download the taxes from a workstation. You must still have full administrative rights to both the network and Sage 300 Construction and Real Estate for this to be successful.
- Start the Payroll Application.
- From the Tools menu, select Download Taxes.
- Enter your Client ID.
- Select the Update tax files when download is complete check box if you want to update the taxes automatically after the files are downloaded.
Note: If you are going to process a Payroll before the effective date of the tax changes, do not select this check box and the tax file is saved for future use. When you are ready to update your tax files, from a workstation go to Tools, Update Taxes. You would typically update taxes before you process checks/cheques for the first payroll of the new year.
- Click Start.
- Review the journal that prints.
For more information about the tax changes see the Payroll Tax Release Notes:
You can also view the release notes from within Payroll by selecting Help, Documents or Help, Product Documents after you have updated the taxes.