Antivirus software is targeting or interfering with the functionality of program, system, or data files for Sage 100 (possible issues include lockups, "error #0" record/file busy errors, error #12 "files does not exist (or already exists)", slow performance, etc.).
CAUTION: Sage Customer Support does not provide assistance for issues related to third-party products or enhancements, hardware, report customizations, state or federal tax-related questions, or specific accounting questions. Please contact your Sage business partner, network administrator, or accountant for assistance. Please review this document for additional information on the scope of Sage Customer Support Services.e
Note: Watch out for antivirus products installed on the physical server hosting a virtualized server running Sage 100. And watch out for firmware-based (or other) antivirus that is installed not on the Sage 100 host server or on a workstation, but on routers, across VPNs, in the cloud, etc.
Specifically for Sage Intellifgence running workstations, you may need to add .SDF file type and local folder to exclusions for workstation to avoid getting "Access to the path 'C:\Users\xxxx\AppData\Local\Alchemex (Pty) Ltd\TempFiles\alcworker_638112906898412190.sdf' is denied." when running Sage Intelligence on that wiorkstation.
Consider testing by temporarily disabling your antivirus product to see if this improves performance: speed, file locking problems encountered, error messages, etc.
If performance improves, exclude the Sage 100 programs, folders, and file extensions from your Antivirus program:
In your Antivirus product:
- Disable any aggressive or continuous (also known as on-access, constant, or real-time, or "network scanning") monitoring or scanning of Sage 100 (formerly Sage MAS 90 or 200) programs if they exist:
- Exclude the "..\MAS90" directory and sub-directories and contents on the server where Sage 100 is installed.
- Note: Do the same for the workstations, if using Sage 100 Advanced or Premium editions (formerly Sage MAS 200 and Sage MAS 200 SQL editions) - default workstation install location is: C:\Sage\Sage 100 Workstation\.
- On Sage 100cloud workstations, including Standard, there are local folders created for Sage 100: exclude the Crystal Reports install (default: C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects) and Common Components folder (Sage 100 2019 and earlier = C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Sage. Sage 100 2020 & later = C:\ProgramData\Sage\Common Components).
- On Sage 100cloud workstations exclude the "Sage 100" folder under the Windows user's Documents folder.
- Exclude the following file extensions:
- AUC, DCL, DD, DDE, DDF, EXP, LCK, LIB, KDF, M4D, M4L, M4P, M4T, M4X, PRM, PVC, PVX, RPT, SOA, XEQ
- Spa.NA.Com must be a trusted site
Note: It is okay to run nightly scans when users are out.