Where can I obtain T4 or Relevé 1 forms?
- Order T4 forms from Canada Revenue Agency (CRA)
- Order Relevé 1 forms from Revenue Québec
Which Relevé 1 formats can I use?
The Payroll program prints Relevé 1s in:
- Laser printer format, which prints the Relevé 1 data only (you must load preprinted forms in the printer)
- Plain paper format, which prints both the Relevé 1 data and the Relevé 1 form (load 8.5” x 11” blank paper in the printer)
- Paper copies can be provided to your employees, but cannot be submitted to Revenue Québec
Which T4 formats can I use?
The Payroll program prints T4s in:
- Laser printer format, which prints the T4 data only (you must load preprinted T4 forms in the printer).
- Plain paper format, which prints both the T4 data and the T4 form (load blank paper in the printer).
Is there a limit to the number of times the T4s can be printed?
You can print the T4 slips as many times as you need to.
When do I close the year?
You never close the year. Simply continue processing payrolls as you do all year long, entering period-end dates in the new year as you cross the calendar year boundary.
After you have completed all of the previous year’s year-end processing, and made backup copies of the data, you can run Delete Inactive Records to remove terminated employees and other obsolete information from your data.
Can I produce T4s for last year after processing payrolls for Jan 1?
Yes. The Payroll program allows you to start processing payrolls for a new year and later produce T4s for the previous year without any additional procedures. When you produce T4s, select the appropriate year as the Payment Year.