- Download the appropriate payroll update.
- Install the payroll update on each workstation or (if everyone uses Workstation Setup) on your server.
- Activate the payroll update in the appropriate database.
Below: a video and the detailed steps.
Section 1 - Preparation
Before Installing the new version of the payroll update, create a full backup of your database.
Section 2 - Download
Log in to support.na.sage.com with your Sage Portal credentials.If you do not know your username and password, click Reset My Password and follow the steps.
Use the page Download Sage 300 Payroll Updates to review the most recent Payroll Tax Update Downloads.
Click on the "Direct Download" link.
- Save the appropriate .exe file to an accessible folder .
Section 3 - Install
1. Ensure all users are out of Sage 300.
2. Copy the downloaded file from the location in Section 2 step 4 to a temporary folder on the server where Sage 300 programs are installed.
3. Right-click on the .exe file, and select "Run as Administrator" to start installing the tax update.
4. If Sage 300 programs are installed locally on each workstation, perform step 5 and 6 on each workstation.
5. Copy the downloaded file to a temporary folder on the workstation where the Sage 300 programs are installed locally.
6. Right-click on the .exe file, and select "Run as Administrator" to start installing the tax update.
Section 4 - Activate
1. Log into the database that the new tax update is suppose to be activated.
2. Go to Administrative Services.
3. Double click on Data activation .
4. Select the appropriate tax update to activate.
5. Click on Activate.
6. Close the Activation screen.