Product and services updates download in the background. However, if you would like to verify that the latest product and serivces update has been installed on your machine follow the steps below:
- Browse to your Sage 50 program path using Windows Explorer. In order to find your program path follow the instructions in How to find data path and program path.
- Locate the Sage.Peachtree.DataAccess.dll file. Right click the file and select Properties.
- Click on the Details tab. Confirm that the File version number is 2023.0.0.22202 and that the Product version number is 2023.0.00.022202. It is important to note that the build number in the Help, About Sage 50 Accounting screen within the application will NOT be updated. The number is ONLY updated in the individual DLL file properties.
Important notes regarding product and services updates:
- P&S updates are machine specific and must be applied to all machines individually in a network environment.
- Special note for users of Quantum version: In order to install this P&S update the SmartPosting service must be disabled in Windows Services Management Console. For information on disabling the SmartPosting service refer to How do I start, stop, or disable the SmartPosting service?.
- To manually download the P&S update, open a Sage 50 company and select Services, Check for Updates, Check Now. Note that since P&S updates normally install without any user interaction you may see the message "There are no updates available at this time." Click OK on the message, then close the Sage 50 application and reopen to install the P&S update.
If you are still having issues with crashing or performance when loading the Inventory List, apply the latest Actian Zen patch for version 2023. Refer to How to install and verify the latest Actian Zen patch for release 2023.