Aatrix does not print W-2C forms. Use the steps below to eFile a correction. A form must have already been generated for this option to be available.
CAUTION: Sage Customer Support does not assist with issues related to third-party products or enhancements, hardware, report customizations, state or federal tax-related questions, or specific accounting questions. Please get in touch with your Sage business partner, network administrator, or accountant for assistance. Please refer to our Scope of Support document for details.
- When filing a W-2 we recommend you choose to efile your employee, federal and state W-2s as close to the due date as possible on the Choose W-2 Submission Dates window. Corrections made to the W-2s prior to this date are free of charge. Corrections made to the W-2 after it has been filed require a W-2C and are charged the same rate per filing as the original W-2.
- If you eFiled your W-2 forms but have not yet submitted them to the government, you can make corrections in Aatrix without having to file W-2C forms and without incurring the corrected forms charge.
- If you use multiple PR Master files, make sure you are in the company that you originally efiled before proceeding.
- From the Payroll Tasks menu, select Federal eFile and Reporting.
- Select Saved reports and click Next.
- Select the applicable Federal ID number from the drop-down and click Open.
- Select the form that needs to be corrected and click Edit.
- Select Correct Completed and click Next.
- In the W2/1099 Preparer or 1095/1094 Preparer window, manually enter the correct amounts in the appropriate box for each employee requiring a W-2C. Changed amounts will appear in Blue, and when printing or eFiling a corrected form, only the forms that were changed will be submitted. If you didn't include the employee on the original filing, you can enter the previously missed employee information on the Preparer grid.
- (If applicable) In the Correction Options window, select Yes for each entity that requires a corrected form and click Continue and follow the prompts to generate your forms.
Note: If you have previously eFiled Federal and State forms, it will not allow you to select them on the Have you distributed the following forms? window. The correction copies or efiles will automatically be generated in this situation and this step is not needed.