- Expand Payroll, Period End, Federal & State Tax Reporting
- Select Form Type = Federal, State or Existing Reports.
- Click the lookukp for the form Form Name list, select xxxx W-2/W-3 (xxxx=Tax Year)
- Complete the necessary fields, for example:
- Company Name, address & phone *This information pulls from Company Maintenance but can be manually changed.
- Federal ID No.
- Trade Name
- Click Proceed.
- In the W-2 Wizard window, select your options, then click Next
- Follow the wizard prompts making changes as needed and selecting Next.
- Verify the State & Local tax items selections, and click Proceed **See Related Article - How to change or enter State & Local Tax IDs
- NOTE: Observe windows that appear for various state reporting to see if they pertain to your company.
- In the Data Verification window, read each question and select appropriate Yes or No for each. ***TIP: click mark for more information***
- In W-3 Information window, select or enter the appropriate information
- If you select Third-party sick pay (box b) option, for Sage 100 2018 and higher refer to DocLink: How to account for Third-Party Sick Pay on W-2 and 941 tax forms for Sage 100 2018 and higher
- Click Next to open the W2/1099 Preparer window
- NOTE: Observe window that appear regarding Box 14 Qualified Sick or Family leave.
- Follow each verification step noted at the top of the W2 Preparer grid, and click Next Step when applicable (Very important that you verify all information in the grid because that is what will print on the actual W2 form). Please refer to KB 56085, DocLink: How do I reconcile Payroll tax forms & reports?
- Note: You can make changes to any field in the grid but the data will NOT be written back into your Sage 100 company data set.
- If you have an employee that has zeros in all wage and tax boxes and do not need to print a W2, you can delete the applicable line by Right-Clicking on Row Number and select Remove Row.
- After making the corrections and completing the verification steps, Click Next.
- The Aatrix options and pricing window opens for W-2 Printing and Filing Options. Select More Info? link at the top right for Aatrix options.
- Select the your options for W-2 efiling and/or printing. Click Next. Take note of messages that popup, then Click OK.
- Select Next through the following windows and Based upon your selections, the following actions will be taken.
- Each Form type will preview then after clicking Next Step, will provide instructions and print options.
- Prompt for W3 and any State report requirements follows the W2 Printing.
- Click Continue to open the Federal eFiling and Reporting window. W-2s can be electronically filed or printed from this window.
How to install, activate, update, and uninstall Federal and State Tax Reporting
How to email W2s
How to find eFiling and Reporting pricing and enrollment information
MODIFY - How to enter or change State & Local Tax ID #'s on Payroll Tax Reporting Forms
How to sort W2, 1095 and 1099 forms
How to reprint W2, W3, W2c, W3c Forms