Sage 100 includes "print and sign" tax forms functionality for payroll tax forms using Federal and State Tax Reporting. This feature eliminates the need for some pre-printed forms — allowing you to print on plain paper instead.
However, IRS regulations require that employee copies of Form W-2 (Copies B, C, and 2) and Form 1099 (except Copy A) be printed on perforated paper and individual filing instructions be given to each employee (IRS: About Form W-2 and IRS: About Form 1099). Sage Checks and Forms offers these plain paper forms in the required perforated format.
- Federal W2 (Copy A) = Print to Plain Paper (The Federal W2-SSA copy cannot be printed on perforated paper. The W2 Copy A prints 2 employees per page.)
- Sage 100 requires Blank 4 part perforated forms for the 4/page copies.
- State - Copy 1 (prints 4 employees per sheet) = system will prompt you to print to Blank 4 part perforated but please contact the State agency for their specific W2 printing/perforation requirements
- Employee W2 (Copy B, C and 2-Copy 2s) = Blank 4 part perforated with Employee notice on back or can be printed on separate plain paper.
- Employer W2 (Copy D) (prints 4 employees per sheet) = Print to Plain Paper -or- Blank 4 part perforated
- Federal W3 = Print to Plain Paper (The Federal W3-SSA copy cannot be printed on perforated paper)
- The Federal Copy A & W3 forms do not need to be printed on pre-printed forms with red ink.
- Employee 1095-B - Blank Full page w/instructions on back
- Employee 1095-C - Blank Full page w/instructions on back
- ** Forms 1094 and 1095 Federal & Employer copies can be printed to plain paper
- **Note: When using Federal and State Tax Reporting to print ACA 1095 forms, Aatrix has designed their form templates on both of the 1095 forms to print the employee's address in alignment with the existing W2 envelope, which will help reduce costs.
- Federal 1099 NEC = (Copy A) = MUST be printed on official 3 part pre-printed federal forms in RED ink.
- Federal 1099 MISC, DIV, INT = (Copy A) = prints 2 different recipients per sheet. Copy A MUST be printed on official 2 part pre-printed federal forms in RED ink.
- All other Copies of all 1099s -
- Sage 100 requires Blank 4 part perforated forms for the 4/page copies
- State 1099 = (Copy 1) = prints 4 diferent recipients per sheet = Blank 4 part perforated form needed. Please contact the State agency for their specific 1099 printing/perforation requirements. Some states do not require 1099s to be filed.
- Recipient 1099 = (Federal Copy, Copy B for Recipient, 2 Copies Form 2 for recipient to file with state/local return) = prints 1 recipient per sheet - Blank 4 part perforated form
- Note: The recipient notice is not printed on the backs of these blank preforated forms, you will need to print the recipient instructions to plain paper from within 1099 eFiling viewer screen.
- Payer 1099 = (Copy C) = prints 4 different recipients per sheet = Print to Plain Paper or Blank 4 part perforated
- Federal 1096 Form = MUST be printed on official pre-printed federal forms RED ink.
- State 1096 = Print to plain paper . Please contact the State agency for their specific 1096 printing/perforation requirements. Some states do not require 1096 form.
Sage Forms Division provides approved IRS forms and they are the only forms we guarantee to be 100% compatible with Sage 100 integration with Federal and State Tax Reporting.
All of these tax forms can be ordered from Sage Checks & Forms, or call 800-617-3224.
NOTE: At this time Aatrix only supports printing W2s and/or 1099s 4 per page and will no longer print to pre-printed 2-per page W2 forms. The 1099 Copy A is the only exception and can be printed to the 2-part federal RED ink form available
DocLink: 1099 NEC form (Copy A) for year 2021 has been redesigned by the IRS to 3/page instead of 2/page as in year 2020.
DocLink: How to print and/or eFile Form 1099 and 1096 in Sage 100
Chat with support