- Restoring individual system data files is not a supported process with limited exceptions.
- With the encrypted fields introduced in Sage 100 versions 2018 and higher, Payroll will be out of synchronization with MAS_SYSTEM files if they are not restored together. This will cause errors and most likely prohibit access.
- Because all modules post to General Ledger and some modules also post to other modules, we recommend restoring the entire Sage 100 system, rather than just one or two modules. That can be usually done by restoring the entire "..\MAS90" folder and contents from backup.
Program and Data Files and Folders: All the files and folders at and below the live "..\MAS90" where Sage 100 is installed, should be backed up on a regular basis, including all company data files, system data files, and program files.
- Note: If you do not know where on the server Sage 100 is installed:
- From the Sage 100 Desktop, open File, Run, and enter the following command: *INFO
- Note the directory path to the “..\MAS90” directory.
- If program files are damaged and no backup is available, reinstall the affected module and the most current service update.
Company Data Folders and Files: As of Sage MAS 90 and 200 version 4.0, data folders are located under a single folder for each Company Code.
- Example: Data files for ABC company would be located in "..\MAS90\MAS_ABC" - or in the "MAS_ABC" database if using Sage 100 Premium edition (formerly MAS 200 SQL).
Alternate Directories, Paperless Office, Premium edition, etc:
Some data files are stored in another location, such as Paperless Office PDFs or company data designated in Alternate Directories.
Sage 100 Premium edition stores most system and company data in a Microsoft SQL database.
- Alternate Directories or Locations: Check if company data (for a specific company code) is stored in an alternate directory or Data Location:
- Open Library Master, Main menu, Company Maintenance
- For Company Code, enter the company code
- Access the Preferences tab
- Note the Data Location and Payroll Data Location (if Payroll is activated) to see if it is different from the "..\MAS90\MAS_XXX" location where Sage 100 is installed (XXX = company code)
- Close Company Maintenance
- Paperless Office: Check if Paperless Office is enabled and note PDF Directory paths:
- Open Paperless Office, Setup menu, Paperless Office Options
- Note the options selected for Enable Electronic Delivery and PDF Storage
- Close Paperless Office Options
- Open Paperless Office, Setup menu, and each Maintenance task window:
- Journal and Register Maintenance
- Period End Report Maintenance
- Report Maintenance
- Form Maintenance
- Lookup and examine the Lists for each Maintenance task window
- Note the PDF Directory path for each setting in each lists
- Close each Maintenance window opened
- Premium edition: The Microsoft SQL databases for Sage 100 Premium edition should be backed up regularly and tested. For more information, inquire with your SQL database administrator
- MAS_System database
- MAS_XXX databases (XXX is the company code)
- All users must exit Sage100 before backing up or restoring data.
- Services or programs such as the Sage 100 Integration Engine (formerly Sage MAS 90 and 200 Integration Engine), e-Business Web Engine, and the Sage 100 service or application (for Sage 100 Advanced or Premium editions) should also be stopped. Review processes in Windows Task Manager to verify all Sage related processes are stopped.
Use any reliable backup program to back up and restore Sage 100 using the instructions for that program.
Sage cannot endorse specific backup methods or software. Contact your network or computer technician for the method that best suits your needs.
Note: Below is a grid of typical folders under the "..\MAS90" folder and their descriptions. This is not an inclusive list, and some folders may be added or removed on different versions.
- Two character folder names contain program files
- Example: "..\MAS90\AP" for Accounts Payable module programs)
- Five character folder names contain data files
- Example: "..\MAS90\MAS_ABC\APABC for Accounts Payable data files for the ABC company).
- Folders that do not meet the above criteria are usually system folders.
- Example: "..\MAS90\MAS_SYSTEM" holds crucial system files, tax setup files, Paperless Office settings, etc.)
|Main data folder for company ABC (Version 4.00 and later). Individual data folders are located under this folder (except for alternate directories). On earlier versions, the data folders resided directly under \Mas90.
|Accounts Payable data for company code ABC
|Accounts Receivable data for company code ABC
|General Ledger data for company code FDD
|Inventory Management data for company code ABC
|Sales Order data for company code XYZ
|Payroll data for company code ABC
|Accounts Payable program files
|Accounts Receivable programs
|Inventory Management programs
|General Ledger programs
|Visual Integrator programs and data files
|Business Insights views
|Data dictionary files
|System program files and system data files
|HTML files for Business Insights Dashboard
|eBusiness Manager image files
|Program and data files for the business desktopXXX
|System programs and system data files (legacy)
|System programs and system data files (Business Framework)
|Program files for tutorial
|Workstation Setup installation files
How to copy data from Sage 100 2018 and higher to a different installation for review by a trusted third party
How to backup and restore Sage 100 Premium
What files may be deleted or removed from Sage 100 to conserve hard disk space or to reduce backup storage volumes?
How to backup Sage 100 Standard or Sage 100 Advanced
What is data corruption? What are some causes of data corruption?