For more information on the utility, see Sage 100 AP Update 1009s Utility AP6001T.pdf (see attachment) - note that the PDF document describes two AP 1099 utilities, what they will do, and how to run them. AP_Update1099s_utl is designed to be run once. AP_1099MISC7_utl can be run more than once if needed. Read the document carefully. For versions 2020.1, 2019.4 and 2018.10. The PDF can also be found in the "..\MAS90\Utility" folder on the Sage 100 Server or contact Sage Support. NOTE: Make a backup before running any utility.
Note: This utility has been updated as of 12/15/20. If you’ve installed this update prior to this date, please re-download and install this utility.
Starting with year 2020, a new 1099-NEC (Nonemployee compensation) form was created and the Nonemployee Compensation field was removed from the 1099-MISC form per IRS requirements.
Due to the creation of Form 1099-NEC, there is a revised Form 1099-MISC and rearranged box numbers for reporting certain income.
Due to the possibility of Tax Forms being modified before they are due the following year, The Tax Forms in Accounts Payable Form 1099 Reporting and Payroll Federal and State eFiling (Aatrix) are normally updated at year-end.
The ability to record 1099 NEC was released on Sage 100 Versions 2020.0, 2019.3, 2018.9. This utility only provided the code to update to the correct 1099 NEC boxes and use the utility to move the 1099 MISC values already recorded for year 2020 from 1099-MISC to 1099-NEC as needed.
Note: If you need to print the 1099 NEC and not just record, you will need to be on version 2018.10, 2019.4, or 2020.1. If you are on Sage 100 2020, do NOT confuse version 22.214.171.124 (2020 with Product Update 1) with 126.96.36.199 (2020 with NO Product Updates). You must install Product Update 1 for version 2020 so it is 188.8.131.52.
- The ability to report 1099 NEC changes was released on Sage 100 Versions 2020.1, 2019.4, 2018.10. This provided the code to map to the Aatrix Reporting application.
- The utility is only to be used if 2020 1099 MISC boxes were already populated and need to be moved to year 2020 1099 NEC. (Moving the data can also be done manually). Upgrade to the next Product Updates will be required for Printing the 1099s.
- The last piece is the Form Update that will be released by Aatrix in their Year-End Update to the Federal and State Tax Reporting software in order to print or submit forms electronically. This is usually mid-December. Until the Forms are updated you may receive messages when attempting to print 1099-NEC for year 2020 such as "Error loading form 1099-NEC......" or "Missing form page ............\Sage\Aatrix\Forms\1099_NEC........."
See IRS.gov for 1099-NEC, 1099-Misc changes and instructions.
Other changes made to the 1099 Misc form:
- Renamed the Vendor field "Misc Box 9" to be "Payer Made Direct Sales $5000+". This checkbox is now used by Misc Box 7 (moved from box 9)
- A utility is available to allow customers to move data already updated in year 2020 from the 1099-MISC Form Box 7 Nonemployee Compensation box to the 1099-NEC form Box 1 for year 2020.
This utility should only be used as a one-time tool for tax reporting year 2020 only. This utility is run by individual company code and will need to be run in each company.
See AP_Update1099s_utl.pdf attached below for details on how to use this utility in Sage 100 2020, 2019.3 and 2018.9.
DocLink: The 1099- NEC dropdown Default Box Number (No.) list is missing Box Numbers OR the Form 1099 printing Minimum YTD Payment is missing boxes.
DocLink: How to print form 1099-NEC if Production Management or IRP is installed?
DocLink: Error: "You must install Federal and State eFiling and Reporting to access this task"
Attachment: 202_20230425110505_Sage 100 AP Update 1099s Utility AP6001T.pdf
Chat with support