- Open the company you wish to backup.
- Select File, and then click Back Up.
- Select Reminder box if you want to be reminded to back up after a given number of days.
- Select Include company name box if you want to incorporate your company name in the backup file.
- Select Include archives in the backup, if desired.
- Select Include attachments in the backup, if desired.
- Select Back Up button to enter or select where you want to save your backup file.
Note: the backup saves to the company data location, unless a different location is selected. If there is not sufficient disk space to save the backup, the process will fail.
- Click Save button.
- Click OK.
Note: Depending on the quantity of data, the backup process may take a while to complete. Be patient and do not interrupt the process. If you interrupt the backup process, you might damage your data.
Section 2: Saving the backup to external media
Section 3: Cloud backup with Microsoft 365
Section 4: Saving the backup with third-party program
Follow your external program's directions to backup the data folder(s). Use How to locate company directories to find the location of the data folder(s).
How to restore a backup
Error: "This task cannot be completed because it is a single-user task" but only one user logged in
Error: "Another Sage 50 user or workstation is accessing this company area or performing a similar company process. Please wait a moment and try again if you believe you have received this message in error."
Find backup files on my computer
Backup failing or freezing at [less than 100] percent
What is the difference between a backup and an internal archive?