Section 1: Enable "Do not save last selected Date Range in List Views"
Section 2: Damaged Userpref.dat file
Note: This process resets all customized screens and preferences back to the system default. You will need to reapply any options or dashboard changes that you made.
- Locate your company directory. Refer to How to locate company directories.
- Close Sage 50 on all machines.
- Press the Windows key + E to open the File Explorer.
- Browse to your company's directory.
- Rename Userpref.DAT to OLDUserpref.DAT.
- Close File Explorer.
- Reopen Sage 50 and the company.
- Verify the list loads correctly.
Section 3: All Transactions in large company
Change the Date Range selection to a shorter time frame.
- Select Date Range.
- From the list, select This Period, This Quarter or This Year.
- Verify the list loads with no issues.
Note: When opening a transaction list window with a timeframe set to All Transactions the program will display every transaction in the company in that area. This can take some time to load if there is a large number of transactions in this area. Use filter criteria whenever selecting All Transactions in list windows and selecting a shorter time frame such as This Period before closing out of the window. This issue can affect one user login while not impacting others.
Section 4: Check company size and number of records
- Select Help, Support Utilities, File Statistics.
- Scroll to the bottom to find Grand Total.
- If Grand Total is 300,000 KB or higher, a purge may be beneficial to reduce the overall data size. See How to Purge data.
- Close File Statistics.
- Open the list that is slow and set Date Range to All Transactions.
- Allow the list to load; this may take a while.
- Check the number of transactions listed, given at the bottom left of the screen.
- If there are a lot of transactions, run a purge to remove the older data and improve performance, even if the file size of the company is not over 300,000 KB
Section 5: Anti-virus
- Disable anti-virus.
- Configure anti-virus to not scan your data path and program path on server and workstations. See How to find data path and program path.
- Configure anti-virus to not scan the C:\Program Files (x86)\Actian folder or the C:\Program Files\Actian folder.
Section 6: IPv6 enabled
Configure Windows OS to prefer IPv4 addresses over IPv6. Refer to How to set Windows 10 to prefer IPv4 over IPv6.
Section 7: Create a clean data folder
Section 8: Damaged files in the program path
- Uninstall Sage 50. See How to manually remove the program.
- Reinstall Sage 50. See Installation Instructions - Sage 50—U.S. Edition.
- Verify when run a list, it opens with no issues.
Section 9: Restore a backup
If the Maintenance drop-down list is empty, restore a backup. Refer to How to restore a backup.
Section 10: Actian is running as an auto-load rather than as a service
- Close Sage 50 on all computers.
- Press Ctrl+Shift+Esc on your keyboard to open the Task Manager.
- Select the Details (or Processes) tab and look for w3dbsmgr.exe (on 2023.0 and later, zenengnapp.exe).
- Right-click that process and select End task and then End Process.
- Browse to the Services tab at the top, sort by name, and look for psqlWGE (on 2023.0 and later, zenengine).
- Right-click psqlWGE and select Start.
Section 11: Damaged positions key
Follow Section 2 of Task window opens minimized or cannot be seen.
Section 12: Asterisk fields selected
- Select Settings at the top of the list window.
- On the Selected Columns list remove any items selected with *.
Note: Items with an * at the end of the name will also cause the list to load indefinitely. For each of these items added to this list, Sage must perform additional database calls to pull the information.